Search This Blog

Sponsored Links

Sunday 10 July 2016

First Anniversary Cancer Free! :)

07/10/16 - Well, on a happier note, I have officially made it to my first year anniversary of being cancer free (my limb sparing & life saving surgery was exactly one year ago today!), and I am happy to say that I have finally calmed down from last week! I have decided I will go to my next appointment, but just take their lead and let them do all the asking.  I figure this way, I will at least be able to get all the tests that they are willing to prescribe me for the time being.  Hopefully, the appointments will go more smoothly that way without them making me feel like a five-year-old!  I've also decided to mark the occasion of my first anniversary of being cancer free with a tattoo. Now just to decide exactly what to get!  For sure it'll have the yellow ribbon that symbolizes sarcoma, plus it’ll most likely have a butterfly or flowers. It will also feature some lyrics from, yep, you guessed it, Placebo!   I am also going to take part in the #KnowSarcoma campaign one of our national cancer organizations has going on for sarcoma awareness month (July), and I am also going to contact the cancer society to see what would be involved in becoming a peer support telephone volunteer. I would really like to be able to give back to new sarcoma patients who undoubtedly have a million questions like I did after I was diagnosed.


Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed this post, please help spread #SarcomaAwareness by sharing it on Google+, Twitter or Facebook using the buttons below. You can also subscribe to this blog using the links on the left.

Have a sarcoma blog of your own that you'd like linked? Feel free to drop me a line or post your link in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment