Search This Blog

Sponsored Links

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Update: MRI Results

01/24/17 - Yay!!! Just got my 18 month post-surgery MRI results, which read: "No evidence of residual or recurrent disease"!!!!!!!! It also said although my edema is persistent, it's improved over a year ago, so even more awesome news! Phew! So relieved! Next up as my chest x-ray in March. It was supposed to be February, but today I was informed, they've cancelled all the appointments on the day I was originally scheduled for. Ugh, not exactly thrilled about that, but what a relief it was to read those seven beautiful words! Six more months till I reach that much anticipated two-year mark!

Well, that's the good news, now for the bad news.  It seems my recent trek across the UK has taken its toll, as the report mentions an "Incidental small left knee effusion with mild synovitis", which I assume explains why I constantly feel like I have a sponge in the back & side of my knee but even more so lately. On the bright side, at least mine's not painful, because according to Dr. Google, it often can be. I've been taking it really easy upon my return home, so hopefully it won't get any worse.

Of course, this wouldn't be an update without my local healthcare system driving me crazy (again), so here's the latest! Contrary to my discussion with my oncologist last time, it appears he's axing my ultrasounds altogether, not just for my ovarian cysts, so now I'm only getting an annualCT scan instead of checking for distant metastasis (pelvis/abdomen) every four months. Considering most other major sarcoma centres recommend scanning the abdomen & pelvis every three to four months, I am needless to say not very happy about this, however, at this point, I just don't have the energy to fight. On the bright side, at least I'm still GETTING CT scans. I've read of some UK sarcoma survivors only getting Chest x-rays & no other scans, so it could be much worse. Just to clarify, this is my most up to date surveillance plan, unless of Course they go & change it on me again! Every four months: chest x-ray, annually: MRI (thigh) & CT (chest/abdomen/pelvis). I really wish they'd make up their minds, but oh well! Feeling very grateful for NED (no evidence of disease) & really looking forward to that two-year mark! Five months to go!!!


Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed this post, please help spread #SarcomaAwareness by sharing it on Google+, Twitter or Facebook using the buttons below. You can also subscribe to this blog using the links on the left.

Have a sarcoma blog of your own that you'd like linked? Feel free to drop me a line or post your link in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment