Search This Blog

Sponsored Links

Wednesday 13 January 2016

My First Six-Month MRI Tomorrow

01/13/16 - I’ve got my first six-month post-surgery MRI of my thigh & hip tomorrow.  Fortunately, I haven’t experienced the scanxiety I had with my last batch of tests (x-ray & ultrasound).  I’ve been too busy coming to terms wit the death of David Bowie.  Reports are now saying he had liver cancer.  You’d think all this talk of cancer & death would increase my anxiety, but no… I’m just tired!  I’ve been keeping busy working on some material for another blog I have, so perhaps that’s got a lot to do with it.

As for the MRI, this first post-surgery one is to get a baseline image, so that they have something to compare future scans to.  Hopefully, all goes smoothly & there are no nasty surprises.  Here in Canada, our medical system is primarily public, so unlike the private system, I most likely won’t get the results until later next week.  I’ll be sure to post an update then.  I also asked to get a copy of my final pathology report, which they’re going to send along with my MRI results. I’m eager to learn my final round cell count, since the >25% I was originally given was from my pre-surgery biopsy, which only examined three small pieces of the tumour.  The final pathology will be on the entire thing, so it’ll be much more accurate.

Meanwhile, I've added a few Blogger gadgets on the menu to the left to make it easy for people to subscribe or share any posts of interest on Google+.  Besides helping other sarcoma patients & helping myself not go crazier than I already am, my new goal with this blog is to also help spread awareness about this forgotten cancer.  Speaking of awareness, I also added some helpful links, as well as I few sarcoma-related blogs I've come across over the past year.

Well, that’s it for now.  Gotta be up at stupid-o’clock tomorrow to be picked up to go to the hospital!  I swear, they saved me only to try & kill me!  Scans that early should be outlawed!!! Zzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment