Search This Blog

Sponsored Links

Sunday 20 March 2016

Almost There!

03/20/16 - I'm so happy!  The one thing that kept me going through my battle with myxoid round cell liposarcoma is finally upon me!  Or well, it will be in about  eight months!!!  Placebo’s 20th anniversary tour is finally a reality, and my friend & I got tickets for a number of shows this fall!  *Squeeeeeee*  There were times when I feared I wouldn’t be alive to see this day, but here I am!!!  Now the waiting begins...again….eight…long…months…ugh!!!  I still have two more consultations with my oncologist, as well as a crap load of tests to get through between now & then, as we monitor for distant metastasis.  So, now I’m terrified something will go wrong between now & then!  Just wish I could get on a plane tomorrow, but alas the tour doesn’t even start till October! :( There’s something to be said for the rather SHORT notice we got for gigs over the past few years!  This waiting for almost a year for shows is going to drive me nuts!

And so much for my oncologist "spreading out" all my tests over several months!  In June, he's now booked a CT scan, ultrasound & bone scan!  Plus I'm sure he'll order my x-ray in between there, as well, since we're staunchly monitoring for lung metastasis.  I almost don't mind doing them all at once.  When they're spread out, I end up stuck waiting for sometimes two months to see him after a test &/or have to get the receptionist to email me the results...  That's all fine when the results are good news, but what if one day they're not & my appointment isn't for another two months?!  I suppose if that ever happens, they'll obviously move the appointment...  But yeah, cluster the tests.  Radiation or not. :p


Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed this post, please help spread #SarcomaAwareness by sharing it on Google+, Twitter or Facebook using the buttons below. You can also subscribe to this blog using the links on the left.

Have a sarcoma blog of your own that you'd like linked? Feel free to drop me a line or post your link in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment