Search This Blog

Sponsored Links

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Timing Is Money: The Insurance Question...

03/03/15 - Tonight I went through my work's insurance plans with a fine tooth comb like never before. I'm wondering if they consider the "start of coverage" 90-day pre-existing condition restriction to mean the start of the CURRENT coverage year or the ORIGINAL start two years ago when they redid our benefits program & as long as you haven't changed your current level of coverage (which I haven't)... Really hoping they mean two years ago & not the start of the new plan-year, because if it's the latter, I'll be totally screwed if my evil twin turns out to be super evil & forces me to have to make a critical illness claim. I'll call tomorrow morning to find out.

*[NOTE: Post title inspired by the Placebo song "Time Is Money", which can be found on their "B3" EP.]

03/09/15 - After three days of calling back & forth & my work's HR people misdirecting me to the wrong insurance provider (we have several insurance providers depending on the type of insurance provided), I *finally* got clarification from my work's critical illness insurance provider!  Good news!  :)  As long as I do NOT change my current coverage level, I'll be covered should I need to make a claim, as they consider the "start date" to be when the new plan originally started this level of coverage two years ago, not the start of the current year.  Had I increased my level of coverage, however, it would've been a different story.  I figured this would be the case, but with all the fine print of insurance policies, it's a relief to know I'll be able to rely on my coverage if needed.

*[NOTE: Post title inspired by the Placebo song "Time Is Money", which can be found on their "B3" EP.]

No comments:

Post a Comment