Search This Blog

Sponsored Links

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Pictures

04/27/15 - My radiation CT scan & planning (see lower right photo below) were completed in half the time anticipated, only took an hour!  :)  It was relatively painless, apart from the horribly hard medical table I had to lay on (Oh, my poor spine!).  They had this beanbag mould thing filled with air that they used to build the mould that will keep me still during radiation treatment.  Once they found a position that worked for them, they'd release the air & the mould would harden around my legs.  If they needed to make an adjustment, they just filled it up with air again! So cool!  Also, the giant digital photo frame on the ceiling showing blue sky & tree  branches was a really nice touch. :)  I want one! ;)  In addition to this, they drew lines on my leg & placed tape in certain places, which will ensure they place my legs in exactly the same position during each radiation session.  Still waiting for official confirmation of the chemo & radiation start dates.  Tentatively, they commence next week, but I'll believe that when I see it, since one staff member today suggested it could be another two weeks before they start!  Arrrggghhh!!!  So frustrating!  I feel like my leg is a ticking time bomb!  I just want them to get this treatment started before Sir Alien decides to freakin' migrate somewhere else!

In addition to the radiation planning, the pics below show a lot of the past month, including pics of several of the tests.  Speaking of which, one more test tomorrow - ultrasound on my ovary.  Crossing every appendage possible it turns out to be nothing to worry about!

Last but not least, I have to give a huge THANK YOU to the CCS's Volunteer Driver program!!!  My driver was wonderful!  She even waited while I was at my appointment, so that we could get going as soon as I was done!

Sorry if this post is rather all over the place.  I'm exhausted!

*[NOTE: The title of this post was inspired by the song "Pictures" written by Brian Molko.

No comments:

Post a Comment