Search This Blog

Sponsored Links

Monday 6 July 2015

Pre-Surgery Consultation

07/06/15 - Quick update.  Please forgive my lack of finesse in writing today.  Got less than four hours sleep, as the anxiety of everything is starting to creep up on me, but here goes… Saw my oncologist today for my pre-surgery appointment.  Everything’s on track.  The bug bite from hell, though slowly healing (my foot’s still more swollen than usual), won’t have any impact on my surgery.  He’s also not worried about all those nodules that came up, because everyone has nodules throughout their body whether they have cancer or not, so they’ll watch them & if any get beyond a certain size, they’ll take further action.  Re: my concerns about the >25% round-cell component, he says that it does NOT change my current treatment plan, so he is not overly concerned about it at this point.

As for surgery itself, surprisingly, it’s only going to take two hours & he aims to remove my tumour (aka “the alien”) in one piece, which will reduce the chance of it spreading.  I’ll be in hospital for about a week, possibly even less - yes, LESS!  I juste hope they don’t try to push me out of there prematurely just to free up a bed.  They’ll also do toxicology reports at the time, which will take two weeks to come back, if memory serves right.

I will have some physio in hospital, but considering I’ll have stitches still healing, not sure how much that’ll entail, aside from wobbling & hobbling around very slowly!  Oh, and thank god, there’s no requirement for a skin graft, which is a relief. He’s expecting my recovery time to be about three months, so hopefully I’ll be done before my short-term disability runs out, cause otherwise I’ll be in for a substantial income drop if I have to go onto long-term disability.  So, that’s pretty much it.  I have a pre-surgery preparation appointment via phone tomorrow morning, as well, and on Thursday I have to call for my surgery time.  I, of course, forgot to ask my oncologist several other questions, despite writing numerous questions down!  But it doesn’t really help when you forget to write the question down in the first place!  :p  Damn it, I’m so tired right now, I forget the questions I forgot!  :p  Can’t even come up with a Placebo lyric to go along with this post!  :(  Zzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment