Search This Blog

Sponsored Links

Thursday 2 July 2015

Thankful Thursday

07/02/15 - For ages, I’ve been wanting to do one of these Thankful Thursday lists but just never got around to it!  But with surgery being eight days away & an explanation of my recent scan results just four days away, it’s now or never, because next week’s going to be insane & I’ll probably be a basket case come next Thursday!  So, here goes…twelve things I’m thankful for. :)

1. My mom & auntie​ - for being my rocks & the best family I could ever ask for.
2. My little dorklets, aka my dogs - for all their unconditional love, cuddles & companionship over the years & for letting me take a million photos of them, unlike a certain other cutie pie who shall remain nameless!  ;) <3
3. My close friends, near & far - for embracing & I’m sure sometimes enduring all my little quirks & sticking around when the going got…is…tough, for making me laugh & keeping me sane…for giving me space to hermit when needed…but then dragging me out from under my rock from time to time.
4. Medical benefits - I may not have a job anymore but at least they let me keep the benefits for a bit longer!
5. Wellspring - for giving me a place to go...
6. Placebo - For being the mirror to my soul & one beautiful distraction!  C’mon, did you REALLY think I could do a list without mentioning them somewhere?!  :p
7. This amazing weather we’ve been blessed with this summer & this past spring & winter. I don’t know what I’d do if all of this had happened in the dead of a winter from hell!  I think they’d have to cart me off to an institution somewhere!
8. Off! bug spray!  Needs no explanation! :p
9. My house - If push comes to shove & I have trouble finding work once I’ve recovered from surgery, I can sell it if necessary.  Hopefully, it doesn’t come down to that, but it could prove to be a bit of a safety net.
10. Hope - I’ve read so many stories of others in the same boat who have none.  So grateful to at least have that luxury.
11. My smartphone!  It may be slower than a turtle these days, but it’ll be my lifeline over the coming weeks!
12. Internet - see above line re: cell phone!  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment